Monday, February 18, 2008

A lot of info...

So, this morning at about 5:55 A.M. my mother calls me to tell me that there is a fire at an industrial plant 4 blocks away and that the city called at 3 A.M. to shut off all gas appliances (YES including furnace...and at that moment the temp outside was 10 below 0 with wind chills of 22 below)...It gets BETTER! The industrial plant is in a residential area (residences built around it) and they are evacuating a portion of the area (because of the chemicals that are used in the plant and they were leaking)...I was not in that area...BUT not an hour later I hear that I am in the area NOW! Ok, and guess what? I didn't go to bed until like 3 anyways...So, needless to say I am *Exhausted*
As far as the plant goes...The East side was a *complete* loss and the west part was salvagable...Thankfully! My uncle used to be a VP there until he moved to Oregon in 2001. I know for a fact that he still stays in touch with his former boss...So, it is a sad day here..
Take care...Love ya lotz...

1 fireman was brought to the hospital because the boots that he had on were not chemical retardant...and 9 more had to be decontaminated due to the chemical spill...Yeah Not cool...This town just experienced what they thought (and hoped) they never would have to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home