Sunday, September 10, 2006

Remember when...

Do you remember what you were doing on the morning of September 11, 2001?
I remember that I was asleep when my mother came to me and told me to turn on the television because a plane had just crashed into the World Trade Center. I thought to myself "Yeah whatever, it has to be a story that someone has made up."
But she was telling me that it was serious and that I needed to turn it on...so, she turned it on for me and I remember that I was in awe at the site of the buildings that I had loved burning to the ground. (I was there in '93 (right after the first bombings that is) and fell in love with NYC overall but really enjoyed the Trade Centers) Then a few minutes later I watched in horror as I saw the 2nd plane crash! Then I hear about the Pentagon crash and that it was all an act of terroism. I could have killed someone with my bare hands by that time. To think that someone would plan all of this...and their plan did work...
So, please stop for a moment in your busy lives to remember all that perished that day. They were humans and had families just like you and I.
Enough for now...See ya soon!
Love,

~Joy~

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joy,
Boy do I remember. I was at work and had just put my headphones on. The day before I was listening to soap opera so it was on CBS. The first thing I heard was that a plane had hit the World Trade Ceter. I quick announced it to those who sat by me. The girl who sat next to me had a tiny tv with her so we turned it on. What we didn't expect was to see yet anohter plane hit the other tower. We all sat silent. Not much work got done that day. I work very close to the airport and it was so strange not to hear planes fly overhead. I couldn't wait to get home to my family.
The next day we started a wall with news paper articles and clippings as a tribute.
It's important that we never forget those who died that day. They didn't know that morning that they would die serving our country.
Live, Laugh, Love
Kim

8:45 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked in an automotive parts factory. One of our mechanics came by and told us bits and pieces of it as they got the news from the cafeteria television about it, but we weren't allowed off the line until the first break after 10 am. They gave us half an hour to absorb it all, watch the TV and get the truth of it, and it was back to the lines. I don't think any good parts were made that day, everyone was in shock, worry about people, sick at the lives that had been taken, worried for our own families and what could still happen. Remember how no one really knew what could be coming next?

I spent Sept 11 this year quietly remembering the lives that were lost that day on the planes and by the heroic rescue personnel who went in trying to save the lives of the WTC workers and visitors. It will always be a sad day for me.

Love,
Lynn

7:15 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here lifeinnd.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Research displays that almost 50% of all USA adults are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

1:59 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home