Monday, June 05, 2006

Warning...

DISLCLAIMER: The following is about the weekend...and it was not a pretty weekend...so, I may whine and I will apologize profusely right away and get that part over with...now on to the weekend from HELL!

Friday I left work a later than usual...got busy with stuff going on...well, ok that's usual you know sometimes...SO, anyways I was pretty psyched because there was a dance that night...and I wanted to go with a certain friend of mine...and I had finally gained the momentum to ask him. Knowing that we both were off by 7 that night also may have had something to do with it! :) Ok, so there I go, to find out that the guy that was supposed to come in at 7 for him was a no-show and now he has to stay until midnight! Ok, so there shoots that night...and since it only took a year for either one of us to ask the other out it may never happen again! Than later that night I ended up taking my aunt to the ER and we were there until 3 A.M.

Saturday started pretty good...cleaned out my car and then just thought about what to do that night...so, I made plans and then they all fell through anyways! But then I decided to go to my friends place over in Breck...and join a few other peeps that are there...well, this guy and I have been friends for over 2 years...never anything more...(at least to me that is...I still like someone else more) Well, he decides that we can only be friends and he doesn't want to talk to me anymore for right now! Nice way to end a good day huh?

But here is what takes the ultimate: Yesterday (well, late last night actually) I was on the way to the ER with my aunt again (every 6 hours all weekend for IV antibiotics) and all the sudden my car starts to drive really funny...So, I turn around thinking that maybe I have a flat tire or something...and then all the sudden it starts to make a clunking noise...well, I then pull over...and get out...thinking that maybe it is a broken axle or something. Ok, so what is that all about? So I think nothing of it, have it brought to the shop and leave it there so that my mechanic can look at it this morning right away (which I knew he would also!) and I stopped there on the way to work to talk to him...well, the good news is that it was only about a $30 repair job...here's the bad news (at least in my opinion that is!)...see the problem was...that 4 out of my 5 lug nuts on my tire were missing...At first we were both thinking that it was a complete and total fluke...which he said it could have been if there was something wrong with my car...but then he started looking and found nothing wrong...SO, the point here is that someone did it deliberately! Well, on the way home of course I called the local Police and started to file the report...so, they sent someone over and I talked to him for a while. (Well, I already knew him since his daughter and my sister play hockey together along with the chief's daughter also...ok, I know twisted right). But now I am over paranoid and my mechanic said that I can bring back in my car anytime and he will keep checking it to make sure that all is good with it! I am forever grateful to him right now! So, what else am I supposed to do? I have never been in this situation before...I am thankful that I have a mechanic who is willing to help me to maybe someday feel safe again...Well, do I win any kind of award for having the world's worst weekend?

Here's to being thankful that the weekend is finally OVER with and that the week is here AGAIN! (I know not many people can say that can they)
Well, I am off now...sorry about the ultimate whine-fest but the week can't get bad compared to the weekend! Take care and the next post will be much better I promise!

Love ya!

How do ya do links on here?????????????????????? Anyone????????????

7 Comments:

Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

First of all.....sorry u had such a crummy weekend and I'm equally sorry that I haven't gotten around ta show ya links......I don't know what my schedule is like over the next week......as far as when I have free time.....but as soon as I know.....I'll let ya know.....also I could discuss it with ya in chat on Wednesday....if u r around......sorries hun.....things have been hectic in Bmore!

9:11 PM PDT  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yikes! ((Big hug)) I am so sorry that your weekend turned out that way.

Ok, technical blog message coming next.

-Michelle

6:40 AM PDT  
Blogger Michelle said...

Adding Links:

Log into your blog and press change settings and then click on template.

First and really important, Go to your template and press control and a at the same time to highlight all the text, then copy the text into a text file and save that file as a backup on your computer. Now you have your template backed up in case something happens when you try to add links.

It looks like you have a template code that does not have a pre-defined place supplied for links so you must add them yourself.

You will need to research in the template code for the words "Previous Posts" and "Archives".

When you find those, you must add the html code to add links in between them or above one of them. It is your choice.

I cannot add the code here into comments. Sorry. It will not allow it.

So, Armando has done an entry with the links code on his blog. Just go to http://arloyola.blogspot.com/

and look for the January 30, 2006 entry for the paragraph that says:
"You can edit the links changing the lines".

I hope that is helpful. If not, email me and I will try to help further.

msduke@otelco.net

((big hug))
Michelle

7:11 AM PDT  
Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:37 AM PDT  
Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

If ya changed your blog to a template that already includes links it would be much easier to walk ya through it.....blogs that already include links come with three links which say, "google news".....then all's ya do is go to your template.....find the links section (usually a lil more than half way down the page).....and replace the url for google with a blog link url of your choice and replace the name 'google' with the name of the blog.....after ya do it a few times it ain't that hard.....then ya can keep copying and pasting the final product to add more links.....all the while adding new blog names and URL's.....this may sound confusing.....but it isn't that bad if ya have a template which includes links.....pretty much every template out there.....but the one u selected includes links!!!! to change templates go to settings.....then template.....and select new template!

7:38 AM PDT  
Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

I deleted a comment cuz it was too confusing :)

7:38 AM PDT  
Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

I left this on my blog....so hopefully someone will be summoned if I can't help ya:

"I tried to walk my blogbud, Joy, through the steps of adding links to her blogger blog.....I think I got lost in the technicalities......and confused her.......Is there anyone out there who thinks they can explain it to her......in a way which it makes sense? LOL......Blogger ain't the easiest to work with.....if ya have no HTML experience!"

7:46 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home