Sunday, May 07, 2006

Live life to the fullest...

The following is meant to be a celebration of life to a neighbor of mine: Please read and remember that life is short so live life to the fullest extent possible!!!!!

"It is better to have loved and lost than to to have never loved at all..."


Not sure who said that but I am sure of this that my neighbors right now are feeling that for sure...their father passed away from cancer on Tuesday early morning and his funeral was Saturday morning and I thought that I would be fine (no crying or anything) until I met up with his wife and then the tears started to come a little...then I saw his adopted daughter who has not shed a tear...and I didn't cry then...but then I saw his foster son and I TOTALLY lost it then...see the 2 of them were close and we were hugging and crying hard. I remember about 2 summers ago going tubbing at the lake and all the suddenly I was sitting at the bottom of the lake because I was dumped over courtesy of my neighbor! Ah the memories! That is what I will live with and that is what his foster son won't get to experience because he didn't come here until last September after the lake house was all locked up for the season but before Don was diagnosed with cancer...so, yes, he progressed extremely fast...And I feel so bad for the kids...
But, needless to say it was a long hard weekend...And I am off now...I can say that I am starting to cry still just thinking about yesterday...and the funeral and all...I just hope that the "foster" kids get to stay here with her still...Which I am sure that they will...She is a teacher in the community doing foster care for almost 10 years with a strong record so it will be up to her...and I know that the 2 that are there now want to stay there...

1 Comments:

Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

Sorry about your loss.....but I think it's good to get it all out.....and rely on the support of those around you!

10:08 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home