Sunday, October 08, 2006

What next???

What is next???? In the last WEEK...Yes week...I have experienced every emotion that you can EVER think of...You see it all started last weekend when we were up in GF for the concert and I went to drop off my mom at her friends house and I come to find out that they have given her 6 months to live...Lung cancer and she has had the surgery done already the last time...So, now I fly through the week...Even purchased a new bedroom set (delivered next Friday!) and then tonight my sister got a phone call from her friend that lives down the block...Her mother does foster care (She was adopted about 4 years ago now and the father passed away in May)...and one of the kids that they have has been sent away again...I guess that she caught him doing drugs AGAIN! The other night he and I were sitting outside just talking and I had asked him if he was using again and he swore to me that he was done with it...And like a sucker I believed him...I guess that I am just an idiot or something for ACTUALLY believing him...I feel kind of bad for thinking that but right now I am steaming mad at him...Like I was in May when I found out that he was in treatment in Fargo...But that time he got to come back here...Now this was his last chance and he will do some time in the Juvenile Detention Center (either here or in Fargo) and then go into treatment again...After that where he goes is anyone's guess...I don't think that he would come back here again because there is a lot going on around here that he can get into again...
Let's see what else...UMM...Oh yeah Sioux won again!!! That is 5 in a row! *Exciting* Wildcats lost again...(Local college team here)...and that makes 5 in row that they have lost now...but today's game was only a 1 point loss...They come even harder though...

Ok, well I am off now...Until later I need to sleep again...and I slept about 12 hours last night...OUCH! That hurt...I haven't slept that much (in one night that is) since they got my thyroid regulated again...
Until next time...
Love ya~

~A Girl in North Dakota~

4 Comments:

Blogger Joshua said...

Geez, Joy - I'm sorry to hear about all of this! I hope you are alright. Email me if you want/need too. I'll keep you in my thoughts :)

2:48 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry.

((big big big biiiiiiig hug for you))

Keep your chin up sweet North Dakota girl. You are in my thoughts.

Love you,
M (Alabamagal)

5:37 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Joy...I am so sorry to hear all this. Please know and I hope it helps...my prayers and thoughts are with your family as your mom goes through this.

Be mad at your brother, but don't be mad at yourself for believing him when he told you he wasn't using. We want to believe those we love. We *need* to have hope that they are trying to be better, live up to their potential. That isn't a fault in you, it is a beauty. You're a wonderful woman who wanted his disease to be gone, and it sucks that it isn't yet. I hope for his sake he'll get the help he needs and then find the will to stay away from the drugs. But now I know you need to pour the energy into being with your mom and other family members.

Take care of you too, Sweet Girl in North Dakota. Much Love to you.

6:37 AM PDT  
Blogger Joshua said...

Just checking in to see how you are doing :)

11:45 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home